Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and Introducing the Pinterest Project...

Happy New Year all! Here's to a clean slate and starting off the new year right! I got my run on today and started a month long squat challenge. A special thanks to my fellow fit camper Arlene Grant for posting this back in December and my other fellow fit camper Nikki Deal for creating a user friendly document for January! Thanks ladies! If you want to follow along, here it is. Here's to some better booties by Valentine's Day! ; )


January 1 - 20
January 2 - 25
January 3 - 30
January 4 - 35
January 5 - 40
January 6 - 45
January 7 - 50
January 8 - 55
January 9 - 60
January 10 – Rest Day
January 11 - 65
January 12 - 70
January 13 - 75
January 14 - 80
January 15 - 85
January 16 - 90
January 17 - 95
January 18 – 100
January 19 – 100
January 20 – 50
January 21 – 55
January 22 – 60
January 23 – 100
January 24 – 65
January 25 – 70
January 26 – 100
January 27 – Rest Day
January 28 – 80
January 29 – 85
January 30 – 90
January 31 - 100


Some of you may know that I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Pinterest. I've got well over 5,500 pins. Well, I've decided to combine my love of Pinterest and my love of the movie "Julie and Julia". For those who haven't seen the movie, it's about a woman who cooked all 500+ recipes in Julia Child's cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and wrote a blog about it during a one year time span. With that being said, I'm pleased to announce the Pinterest Project! I will be attempting at least one pin from my Pinterest boards every day for a year, starting today. These pins will come from a number of different categories, from fitness, to recipes, to fashion, to decorating, to crafts. I'll post the orginal pin so my loyal readers and try the pin out for themselves if they choose. I'll also post a picture of my attempt and how it went.

You actually get 2 pins today! Here's the first from my "Fitsperation" board. I thought it was appropriate given that it's the start of a new year:


The next one comes from my "Oh Make Me Over..." board. (Bonus points if you know what song/artist inspired the title!) It's a board of beauty tips, makeup ideas, nail colors, hairstyles, etc. I'd like to try. It's a DIY microdermabrasion using baking soda and water courtesy of the website "One Good Thing By Jillie". It's a cute website with a number of things/ideas I've pinned on my Pinterest boards. Here is the link if you'd like to check it out: microdermabrasion in a box. I'll be testing this out tonight as part of my nightly routine and I'll report back my review tomorrow...

If you want to follow me on Pinterest, I'm angelabanangela. Does anyone out there have any pins they're curious about and want me to try? I'm willing to be a human guinea pig...sort of.

- Angela : )


No comments:

Post a Comment